The 2015 events calendar is now live on the site here
Membership forms now available for 2015. Closing date is 28th February but why wait?
British Car Week (May 31 to June 8) is an annual awareness week intended for owners of Classic British Cars to get their cars out of the garage and drive them. While doing so, all who are involved will help create awareness of the classic British car hobby in local communities wherever there is participation.
Get out and drive them! We will be.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2014
10 AM – 4 PM OCEAN GROVE, NJ
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Our show field, Main Avenue from Central Avenue to New York Avenue, will be closed to traffic.
- Registration fee is $15 by September 14th or $20 at the gate. See last page of newsletter for registration form.
- Check in and registration is 10:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Silent-auction-style drawing for door prizes is open to all registrants.
- Judging is by participant’s choice, noon to 2:00 PM.
- The awards ceremony starts at 3:30 PM.
- Classes and the number of awards per class are determined by pre-registration. We expect ~140 cars this year.
- A Prestige Class will be available for cars that have won their class in 2 of the last 3 years. Note: Cars in this Prestige Class will not be eligible to win in their marque-based class but will compete against each other for a special award in a special place of honor on the show field.
Questions? Contact PEDC Vice President & Show Chairman Bob Canfield, firstname.lastname@example.org, 732.292.1944 home, 732.620.2378 mobile.
This is our 6th year in Ocean Grove, a lovely seaside resort at the Jersey Shore, listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It’s proved to be a great venue for us, with its quaint shops and eateries. The each & boardwalk are just two blocks from the show field. Stroll the town and view their beautiful Victorian architecture, including the Great Auditorium built in the 1890s. Admission is free for visitors and spectators. A DJ will provide live music from all eras for all ages . . . so bring the family for a day of fun!
The 2014 calendar is starting to come together so check it out here
If you are considering becoming a member of the PEDC and wondered what we did, check out this list of 2013 happenings.
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Wildwood, Wildwood, NJ
- Princeton University & Palmer Square, Princeton, NJ
- C.F. Martin Guitar Factory, Nazareth, PA
- Northlandz (model train display), Flemington, NJ
- Camp Evans (military communications museum), Wall, NJ
- Lighthouse Challenge to South Jersey (Tuckerton, Cape May, and North Wildwood)
- Sea Girt Beach to Allaire State Park, Farmingdale, NJ + PEDC birthday party
- Cars & Coffee at The Grove, Shrewsbury, NJ to Sea Girt & Spring Lake Heights
- Monmouth Madness Rally I, Monmouth County, NJ
- Monmouth Madness Rally II, Monmouth County, NJ
8 Ice Cream Runs
- TK’s, Cream Ridge, NJ
- Jersey Freeze, Freehold, NJ
- Day’s, Ocean Grove, NJ
- Hoffman’s, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
- Poppy’s, Barnegat Light, NJ on Long Beach Island (LBI)
- What’s the Scoop, Farmingdale, NJ
- Gil & Bert’s, Cranbury, NJ
- Rich’s II, Toms River, NJ
4 PEDC Car Shows
- Allenhurst, NJ, Shore Antique Center, Classic British Car Gathering
- Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, Classic Car Show (we had a designated area)
- Spring Lake Heights, NJ, 12th Annual Father’s Day Show
- Ocean Grove, NJ, 16th Annual Brits on the Beach Show
14 Other Car Shows (8 were British):
- The British Are Coming, Lewes, DE
- Britfest, Succasunna, NJ
- Brits at the Village, Peddler’s Village, Lahaska, PA
- Brits on the Delaware, Milford, NJ
- Cars and Motorcycles of England, Westtown, PA
- Red Mill British Car Day, Clinton, NJ
- A Touch of England, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ
- Annual British Motorcar Gathering, Hellertown, PA
- Out of the Woodwork, Carlisle, PA
- New Hope Auto Show, New Hope, PA
- Radnor Hunt Concours d’Elegance, Malvern, PA
- Rolling Iron Antique Car Show, Allaire State Park, Farmingdale, NJ
- Winward Beach, Brick, NJ
- Fall Fest, Liberty Village, Flemington, NJ
1 Tech Session
- PEDCer Pete Cosmides’s Motorcar Garage, Maple Shade, NJ
4 Impromptu (or not so impromptu) Dinners
- Ikko, Brick, NJ
- St. Stephen’s Green Publick House, Spring Lake Heights, NJ
- Woody’s, Farmingdale, NJ to hear Jay Helt & partner on guitar
- Woody’s, Farmingdale, NJ to hear Jay Helt & partner on guitar
1 Sunday Brunch
- The Mill, Spring Lake Heights, NJ
- Annual Christmas/Holiday Party, Lobster Shanty, Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
- Brits on the Beach Goodie-bag Stuffing Party, Brick, NJ
- Rodney Ford’s Retirement Party, Woody’s, Farmingdale, NJ
6 Miscellaneous Outings
- Trenton Thunder Car Day + baseball game, Trenton, NJ
- Afternoon Tea for the Ladies of PEDC, Lillagaard Hotel, Ocean Grove, NJ
- Simeone Museum Best of Britain Show, Philadelphia, PA
- Beatlemania show, Wall, NJ
- America’s British Reliability Run (ABRR) Weekend, Pennsylvania
- Jaguar F-Type Preview, Jaguar of Monmouth, Ocean, NJ
Members: Be sure to bring your ideas for 2014 to our annual planning meeting, known as The Gathering, Sunday, January 19th at Woody’s, 4 PM.
Brits on the beach is only a few weeks away so if you are planning a visit, here is the schedule for the day.
Free admission for visitors and spectators. Live music from all eras for all ages by DJ Rich Canfield (music courtesy of Land Rover Monmouth, a Schneider + Nelson Company).
Cars arrive and register: 10-11:30 AM. Goodie bags and dash plaques given to the first 140 cars registered. Silent-auction-style drawing for door prizes, open to all registrants.
Judging (participant’s choice): 12-2 PM. New this year: A Prestige Class for cars that have won their class in 2 of the last 3 years. Note: Cars in this Prestige Class will not be eligible to win in their marque-based class but will compete against each other for a special award in a special place of honor on the show field.
Awards ceremony: 3:30 PM.
Ocean Grove is a great venue with nice shops and eateries. The beach & boardwalk are just 2 blocks from the show field. Stroll the town and view their beautiful Victorian architecture. Family fun.
Entries are full for Brits on the Beach 2013 so any further applications will be added to a waiting list. Look out for more information about the event on our site, Facebook and Twitter
Brits on the Beach is almost sold out!
But we also have some open trophy sponsorships….Class B (Sprite/Midget), Class J (Mini), Class T (Other British Saloon), and the new Prestige Class. Contact the club if interested.